Friday, May 29, 2020

First Batch Update

Just a small update I wanted to share; I have been monitoring my brew like a mad man and around the 24 hour mark I witnessed these beauty bubbles rising to the surface.  This is indication that fermentation is alive and well.    They do not last forever, in fact, a few hours after the video was taken they bubbles were almost all gone.  Trust that even though many bubbles aren't visible, fermentation still takes about 2 weeks.


You can also see the airlock has been bubbling, which means the air is pushing up through, a good sign.

I also have commissioned a graphic designer and a friend of mine that I have gotten to know over the last 3 years or so, Ben Sawyer.  He will be making me an icon/logo for my blog.  If all goes well and I get into brewing more, I will also commission him to make labels for bottles.  The next blog post will most likely be a graphic update.  If you are into comic books, gaming, or looking to get some custom graphics made, go check out his link!

Cheers,

Happy Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment