Thursday, May 21, 2020

Are We Still Blogging In 2020?

A bit of a silly question, as I sit here starting a new blog.  I have so much going on in my mind that I figure I should get it all out somewhere.  My newest project will be home brewing hard cider.  I know it isn't ground breaking and a lot of people think they are "brew masters".  I hope this blog will be informative and since there are about a million different ways to brew a cider, I'd like to document all the different ways I choose to brew.

For my inaugural brew I will be using the following;

1 gallon carboy with airlock


White Labs WLP 775 English Cider Yeast

LD Carlson Yeast Nutrient


LD Carlson Corn Sugar

I haven't decided on what kind of apple juice or cider to use.  I will be headed to the market tomorrow to browse through the aisles.  I ordered the above equipment from Amazon (I need to find a local brew shop) and once the equipment arrives I will be documenting the process.  I am super excited, but then again I also have a history a quitting projects or not following through.  It's kind of a problem.

Edit** Went to the store and picked up this brand of cider  juice;


White House Orchards Fresh Pressed Apple Juice


Just like that, my first blog post since I spent a summer in Kansas (long story) in 2008.  To all those curious about home brewing cider, stay tuned!

Always,

Happy Penguin!

No comments:

Post a Comment