Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Quick Update

Good Evening Home Brewers,

I finally have one of my graphics from Ben!  I like it a lot and if/when I start bottling the cider and giving it to friends and family, I will be creating a label with this graphic as the official "Happy Penguin, Happy Puppy" logo.

Happy Penguin, Happy Puppy, by Ben Sawyer

As far as my first batch of hard cider goes, most of the bubbles are gone, there is very few signs of fermentation, however it will continue to sit for another 6 or 7 days.  What I think is super interesting is that the cider is quite clear.  You can see your hand from the other side.  Normally brewers will add pectin to the cider to make it clear and less cloudy.  From my understanding pectin does not effect the flavor, but the appearance.  I did not add any to my cider.  I did start buying some new yeast and some new juice for my next batch!

So clear!

Well that's all for now, the next time I will update is when I am ready to rack my cider!  Until then...

Cheers,

Happy Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment