Wednesday, July 1, 2020

First Taste of Pennbrook Cider

After 5 weeks of waiting, I finally got to taste my newly brewed cider.  I was terrified that it would taste like lighter fluid, but I was super excited that it didn't.  Now I will say this, it was super dry, and I am contributing that to the fact that I used an English Dry Cider yeast. 

All and all I wouldn't brew this particular batch of cider, but I will say that Happy Puppy did like it a lot, and that makes me the Happiest of Penguins.  I am already thinking about my next batch, which I will be adding sugar for sweetness and boost the ABV.  I am also going to add fresh cranberries to the fermenting process, I am hoping it takes on a slight cranberry flavor.  I rate my first brew a 4.25/5.

First glass ever of Pennbrook Cider!

No comments:

Post a Comment